from 6 to 8pm
Please join your neighbors at the fourth annual Hector Campbell Neighborhood Picnic.
This year we will be gathering on the upper field of Campbell Elementary School, next to the brand new Campbell Community Garden!
Your neighborhood leadership team as well as other neighborhood volunteers are planning a hot dog dinner with chips, salad, fruit, soft drinks, and something sweet for dessert. RSVP's will help with planning how much food to prepare; those who RSVP will be entered in a drawing for prizes (you must be present to win!) Call Linda at 343-0022 or email info@HectorCampbellNDA.org
There will be fun for the whole family:
- Face painting for the kids
- Support your local business table with info about business's in OUR neighborhood
- Gardening information and tours of the community garden
- Drawings for "door" prizes (you must RSVP to be entered!)
- Home grown fruit & veggie contest (more on this below)
- Meet and catch up with your neighbors!
- Prettiest and/or most delicious looking
- Most unusual ( rare, unknown variety of edible, or just weird looking)
- Open category (our judges just might make up a category to fit items brought for display!)
Parking: We encourage walking to the picnic, but if you need to drive, please park in the school parking lot on SE 47th. There is limited parking at 47th and Adams Street, but please save those spaces for those who can't walk up the hill from the parking lot.
Neighborhood Businesses: We want to show you off to our neighborhood! If you want to display your brochures or business cards on our "Neighborhood Business Table" contact Sarah Smith: 503-653-0015
Monthly Meeting: Remember, this picnic is being held in lieu of our regular meeting! Our next meeting will be Monday September 10th, 7pm at the Public Safety Building.